What is Discovery en la Escuela?
About Discovery en la Escuela
Discovery en la Escuela is a major educational project spearheaded by Discovery Networks Latin America/US Hispanic (DLA/USH) that is marketed through Paid TV.
Discovery en la Escuela
- Leverages the power of the Discovery brand in the educational community.
- Empowers teachers with world-class content, professional development and educator support in order to improve student achievement.
- Utilizes documentary programs through paid television to stimulate the classroom experience.
- Encourages a scientific learning approach though fun activities.
Three main components of Discovery en la Escuela
- Transmission from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. (Local time in Mexico) 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. (Colombia time for Latin America, Argentina, Venezuela), 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. (local time Brazil).
- Available on Discovery Channel.
- Monday through Friday.
- Programming without commercial interruption in a didactic format.
- Over seventy different titles available.
- Teacher Training workshop (both in the school and virtual webinars).
On-line Resource Material
- Sections for teachers, parents and students.
- A complete resource guide for each program.
- And much more.
For more information you can contact Discovery en la Escuela by email email@example.com or:
María Teresa Velasco
Manager, Education & Public Affairs
Discovery Networks Latin America/US Hispanic
6505 Blue Lagoon Drive, Suite 190
Miami, FL 33126, USA